Monday, March 2, 2009

AND THE WINNER'S ARE~~~~

and the winners are~~~~ it ain't me




I entered the Piece O Cake Block contest last month. Becky and Linda offered one of their unpublished blocks for free and ask for projects to be made from the block. Winners would be published in their new book (now I understand they will be included in their Block of the Month).



First I made a pillow--wool applique on Piece O Cake fabric with an underlay of burlap. I embroidered with buttonhole stitch and then quilted it with embroidery thread. I finishedit off with vintage tatting and button.

My PinKeeper is made similar using again wool applique on POC fabric and bulap underlay. I edged it with antique cotton lace and two vintage buttons tied on with embroidery thread.

This photo shows the place for your thimble.


They announced the winners today. You can find them here. There are many many beautiful entries. ENJOY!


Quilting

3 comments:

Gina said...

I love what you made from your block.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Canarella said...

Wow I love the burlap ...Molly you do really nice work.....darn ....I hope I do so well when I grow up....lol....god bless...lani

Deb said...

Molly your ideas were just wonderful!! thanks for sharing the workmanship sometimes is hard to see in a picture but I can see you put alot of detail into your pillow and pinkeeper.. thanks for sharing your wonderful work. I had the pattern and that is as far as I got..

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanks for stopping by--Please Come Again!

background