Sunday, January 25, 2009

SUNBONNET SUE #10-UPDATED

Remember in a previous SBS post I told you that I had only made "1" SBS block in my life. I lied! This is a quilt that I made probably 10 years ago. The 1930's reproduction fabrics made a great baby quilt for my neice's first baby. The quilt is put together with 2 1/2 in squares and strips to make it all fit. It has a SBS block in the lower left corner and a Bill Block in the upper right--and he's fishing! I love it! I had forgotten all about this quilt. I was looking in my pictures (stored on a flash drive) for something else and I found it.
Here is a close up of Fishing Fred. Both patterns came from Eleanor Burns book that I am sure you have all seen called SunBonnet Sue Visits Quilt in a Day.

Quilting Nana over at Creative Urges emailed me this week and allowed me to post her recently completed SBS quilt. It is made from vintage fabrics that she found in her attic! That is so cool. I love the idea of taking parts of an unfinished family quilt and finishing it with the quilters fabrics.

Be sure to visit her neat blog.

This a great link for a free Holly Hobbie pattern.



NOTICE: I AM WORKING ON MY OWN VERSION OF A TEXAS SBS. IT WILL BE A GIFT PATTERN TO ALL THE GREAT LOYAL VISITORS OF MY SBS POSTS. I WILL POST IT AS SOON AS I AM FINISHED. THERE WILL BE A REVISION OF THIS POST. CHECK BACK SOON.
I'M BACK--AND HERE IS MY--UH YOUR BLOCK!
IT'S TEXAS SUSIE! The bonnet is a replication of a bonnet that my great grandmother wore. I still remember her wearing it as she worked her garden. It had strips of cardboard inserted between the stitching to make it stiff. The cardboard came out for the wash and then was reinserted.
I wanted you to see the sketchpad drawing--all the erasures. LOL
I hope you can enlarge this for printing out!
Here are the pattern pieces--
If you take my pattern, I am asking that you link back to this post (also leave a comment). I appreciate you so much! I am working on a PDF so if you need that just let me know.
ENJOY!!!

Quilting

2 comments:

Pat said...

LOVE Fishing Fred!!! I have seen Quilting Nana's Sunbonnet Sue in person and it is VERY sweet. The fact that it was something found in the attic that was starting by a relative many years ago makes it even more special.

Canarella said...

AH HA I knew you have one hidden about the poor baby who you took it from god lord molly it is family have a heart....love U Lani

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanks for stopping by--Please Come Again!

background