Sunday, May 25, 2008

Quilting? I don't think so.......

HAD A GREAT BIRTHDAY! THANKS TO ALL MY WONDERFUL FRIENDS WHO CARED
ENOUGH TO CALL, SEND E-MAILS, AND SEND CARDS SNAIL MAIL.

Not much quilting going on at Fryer Ranch. Activity, changes in our way of life, recreation, and the usual work involved in day to day living have deterred me from my love of quilting. The above video is of my grandson, Caden as he graduated from preschool. He is second from the end and actually "hammed it up" more than I thought he would. If you will notice at the beginning of the video he balloons out his cheeks and acts a little strange. We thought he was going to throw up. Maybe nerves had gotten the best of him. He got Ok and continued on. We are still not sure what that was about.

Caden is participating in Ranch Rodeo. The kids form teams of four and compete in Goat tying, Goat Branding, and other fun activities. Each team has a name and as you can see, his team is the Lil' Rug Rats. Pops bought him a new horse so that he will be truly prepared (a gentle one that barely moves so that he won't get hurt).

More news from the Fryers is that Caden will have a baby brother or sister in January. This means that they will be almost exactly 6 years apart, just like my boys. Remarkable. kBa

T-ball has been, thus far, a wonderful experience for me. It is so histarical to watch these kids attemp to play a game they know nothing about. One little girl runs from home plate to first base by a semi-circle. Another won't run at all--no matter how much the parents and coaches urge her. One little boy playing second base was holding the runners as they came by him. Caden plays hind catcher and second base. Doesn't he look cute?

I quit my position at the museum, so I am freer to do what I want, but it is not working out so far. We had a Winkler family reunion at our home this weekend. Lots of work, but lots of things done that have needed to get done for awhile--and all at one time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! My little neice just graduated pre-school on Friday, and now my wife and I are really contemplating starting a family. It's great to see pics and read stories from other parents.

Rhonda said...

Caden's a cutie. They do the most unexpected things and make you laugh all the time.

Kathy said...

Awww--What a little darlin' that Caden is!!!! Congratulations on the new baby coming in January! Yea for you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanks for stopping by--Please Come Again!

background