Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A FEATHERED STAR "STAR" IN THE MAKING!

Oh Girlies!  It has been sew sew long since we last met!  I have missed you sew sew much!!  I checked the date and almost freaked!  It's been over a month----Christmas really took a toll on me this year.  It's not that I did so much, but taking me longer to do it--know what I mean????



I have a little bit of info to give you today.  I got a most interesting email from Gill of the UK.  Gill s graciously emailed to tell me "Thanks" for my Feathered star tutorial.  She also left a gift of two pics of the result.  I am thrilled.  She writes:::

Hi Molly,
Just wanted to thank you for your excellent feathered star tutorial. I have only been quilting since July 2010 and was looking for inspiration for a round table topper. An internet search lead me to your blog. My star is far from perfect, I happily started it without being aware of the challenge ahead but I have learnt so much and had fun!
Thanks once again,
Gill (UK)
 FRONT
BACK

As you see, Gill did a fantastic job.  Especially since  she is such a new quilter.  I am so pleased.  If you are reading this and have been reluctant to try a complex block like he Feathered Star, possibly Gill's success will give you the confidence to give my tutorial a try.  If you do, please let me know how it works for you.


I am "still" working on this project.  I am on my last border of Flying Geese.  I hope to have it finished when the New Year rings in.


Don't forget to drop back by in 2011 for a look at my Boot Boogie Block of the Month.  I am working on it now and here is a little peek to temp you.  Love you guys and

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!  I hope it's the best year you have ever expeienced.  Keep Quiltin!!

PS--Go HERE to visit Tozz.  She has chanaged the name of her blog to The Pickledish Patch. 

It is so freakin cute!  She has THREE giveaways going on and a new BOM starting January 5th.  Visit her and you will not be disappointed.


Quilting

10 comments:

Charity said...

It's good to hear from you. I know what you mean about time flying. It seems I have shorter and shorter amounts of time to get things done. Or maybe it's just because I keep trying to cram more in to my day.
Speaking of trying to fit things in. I'm looking forward to your block of the month for the new year. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up, I may need a boot(boost)! But I shall try. I do have a quick question that hopefully you'll be able to answer before we get started. Mainly is there any particular fabric that we should purchase for this? Are you working from a particular fabric line or just winging it with what you have? Over all I'm just looking to be ready.
Enjoy the last few days of 2010, and may the New Year bring new blessings to you!

Susan said...

mmm a Boot Boogie Block of the Month - that does sound very interesting . .
I think most of us suffer from too many things to do and too little time to do it in at this time of the year. But no doubt we will all be better organisd next year (???)

JustCindy said...

I can't wait to get started on Boot Boogy. I've watched your blog ever since you mentioned the BOM and the pictures make me even more excited to get started.

Katie M. said...

This was my first visit to your blog, but it won't be the last. I do believe I'll be a frequent visitor!

Unknown said...

oh my gosh, boots? wonder if I can make it work like the trees? did you see on my blog, I finished the trees, and sashed them, it's a quilt top now....thanks so much for all your hard work. i know, i need to add the quilt top picture to flikr, i'll do that now

Mommarock said...

Good to see you are here.. :)
I'm lookin' forward to Boot Skootin'. I certainly know what you mean about the Christmas season slipping by. It just wasn't the same this year with my girls away..the kids are moving on and now I know how my momma feels.

MoeWest said...

Happy New Year! I'm looking forward to the Boot Boogie BOM.

Searchfamilies said...

Wishing you a Very Happy Healthy & Peaceful 2011
Hugs Janice
PS Love Your Work very nice

Kathy said...

I simply cannot wait until you post the boot boogie!!! I love following your blog from the quilt posts to your ranching posts!!! We also have a ranch and I can't imagine any other kind of home life!

Rachel Bates said...

Molly, I am sooooo excited about your boots. Also, what pattern did you use for the quilt top.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanks for stopping by--Please Come Again!

background