Saturday, April 21, 2018

BLOGGING IN MY MIND DOES NOTHING FOR YOU!

HEY AGAIN, GUYS!!!

I've been blogging in my mind for weeks.  I know this does nothing for YOU, but hopefully it will be somewhat worth the wait.  I'm working daily to make progress on my challenge blocks.  Also working nightly to make progress on my hexies project.  My third commitment for this year is a quilt by Art to Heart called Be Attitudes.  I won't show you my progress on this quilt just yet.  Although I have blanket stitched 3 blocks (January, February, and March) and have till the end of the month to finish April.  I am contemplating changing April and going radical.  More to come on that.
My hexies are piling up!  About 85 so far and I'm still excited about them each day.  I never know how long the enthusiasm will last, ya know?   

I am finding less and less time to work in my sewing room.  Spring brings so many activities--from lawn and garden work to grandchildren soccer and baseball games.  I'm not complaining but do enjoy a good day when I have nothing to do buy turn on some music and get some sewing/quilting done.

Here is my newest group.  I have papers enough for 9 before I have to remove them and start a new group.  I remove the papers first, then spray them with Magic Sizing and then press with a hot iron.  The edges press out straight and smooth with sharp corners as you can see below.





I then press my papers flat and smooth ready to begin again.  The backs of my flowers don't have to be beautiful.  I cut my fabric pieces for each hexy big enough so that I never feel short of fabric as I am stitching.

Below is my latest group as they will look placed directly next to each other in a setting.  Who knows how I will decide to set them.  To get confused I just go to Pinterest and type in Hexies.  Oh my---such possibilities.  It's mind boggling how much inspiration I can find there.  So much that I find it impossible to get started doing something--anything because I might not be able to make up my mind.  So I sit and do nothing with them.  How silly is that.?
There are also so many different ways to make hexies that can be found on Pinterest.  I think there are as many ways to make them and put them together as there are people who are doing it and that is "oh so many".  There is only one perfect way--the perfect way for you--your way is your perfect way.


I'm moving on to my "Cakestand blocks".  Remember that I am involved in making 3 different challenge blocks.  Two from Buttermilk Basin and one that is just a challenge on my own -- Art to Heart "Be Attitudes" quilt.  One block per month until they are done.  I changed my mind I will show you these blocks for January, February, and March.  Stitched out but the hand embroidery is not done yet.

The Cakestand blocks are almost done through March.  I need Eighteen blocks to be caught up through April.  I now have 10 almost finished and several more cut out and ready to stitch.  They are so much fun to put together.  I think I love scrappy quilts because even if your making the same block, the different fabrics keep the process all fresh and new each time.  I find myself getting anxious just to see the finished product. ---then I just sit and admire it.
Flock of Geese blocks are 17 in number.  

Hopefully next time I can blog that I am caught up on all my challenges.  I want to be to the point that I am actually making one block per week as was the project suppose to progress.  I got started late and am in a constant state of "hurry up and catch up".

I hope there is something about this post that you enjoyed.  If there is some aspect of any of this that you would like to know more about, please leave it in the comment section.  I appreciate your stopping by and giving me a glance or a moment of your precious time.  I hope it was worth your stay.  If not, please let me know how I can be of service to you.  All the thoughts here are completely mine.  I give credit where credit is due if I am using someone's patterns but my own.

Let me close by saying that none of this would be possible if someone hadn't loved and died for me.  I have a Savior.  His name is Jesus Christ.  He is my LORD.  He rules my life.  He makes all things possible.  He blesses me in so many many ways--I can't possibly tell you about them all.  I can love because He first loved me.  He Lives and because He lives, I can find hope in also living again with Him someday.  
See, God has come to save me.  I will trust in Him and not be afraid.  The Lord God is my strength and my song; He has given me victory."  Isaiah 12:2

For God chose to save us through our Lord, Jesus Christ, not to pour out His anger on us.  1 Thess. 5:9 (NLT)

LOVE AND BLESSINGS OF GOD TO ALL OF YOU!

MOLLY









6 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful stitching! He Lives! Thank God for all of our blessings!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Are you doing the stitching on the Be Attitudes by hand or by machine? I'm doing mine by hand. I started with December, and am working my way towards January. I'm working on June now. I haven't done any of the embellishments. My blocks were given to me, pre-fused, just waiting on the stitching.

Needled Mom said...

I do too much blogging in my head too. Love you pile of hexies and the baskets and geese look so pretty too. The colors are so pleasant and calming.

swooze said...

I’ll be doing my first genies soon. Maybe get be calling on you for help!

Molly Mandeville Fryer said...

Thanks so much! Glad I’m not the only one who blogs in her head. You must be a kindred spirit!

Molly Mandeville Fryer said...

Genies?? I must have missed something I’m headed to your blog! Call me for anything anytime!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanks for stopping by--Please Come Again!

background