Sunday, April 12, 2009

EASTER FUN!

Easter officially began yesterday--Caden spent the day with me. We had a great day!

I cooked food to take to my DS and DDIL's tomorrow. Meme's Creamed Potatoes. YYYMMM!


Just boil the potatoes whole until tender. Drain them and cover with milk. Add 1 stick of butter and bring to a slow boil. Add 1/4 cup of flour to 1/2 cup of milk, stir well and add to potatoes. Continue to cook slowly until thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste. I quartered the potatoes after they were cooked. Then I didn't think I had enough potatoes so I cooked a couple more in the microwave and cut them up and added them to the creamed mixture. Oh my Gosh--they were so so good. Comfort food to die for!! Fresh Green Beans start with carmelized onions and bacon. The Green beans are then added along with about a 1/2 cup of water and they are steamed to desired doneness.


Caden helped me decorate a Bunny Rabbit Cake. Recipe is one from my Cake Doctor Cookbook. Every recipe that I use from that book is delicious. Creamy chocolate icing and man oh man. Satisfies all my chocolate lovers.

That is one big Chocolate Bunny!


Caden also helped me finish planting our garden. A rain is expected tomorrow, so we are hoping to finish today. He is planting beans. Three short rows should be enough. We also planted tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, squash, and onions. Oh yes, cucumbers.

Oh now that is attractive, weezer.!! Clark had to entertain us while we worked! He always keeps us happy and fat (he is a great cook!!)
These are the only two egg hunters for this year. Caden loved this as Cullen cannot even gum an egg this year--but look out next year!!

THESE ARE THE SPECIAL EGGS FOR THE BOYS FROM NANA AND POPS.
This is what Nana put in Cullen's special egg for this year along with a little financial bonus!!


Caden's egg is full of his favorite candy and financial bonus!!



And the hunt begins. Being the only hunters has pros and cons. You get all the eggs, but no one to fight over them with.

MY OLDEST SON'S BEAUTIFUL FAMILY.

Quilting

5 comments:

Pat said...

Loved this peek into your fun Easter time with your beautiful family! I posted about winning your blogiversary on my blog today and gave people a link to your blog. (Lulu's photo is on my blog, too!!! Hope she doesn't mind! hehehe)

Carlotta said...

OOOh you guys had big fun. Thanks for the recipes. I'm going to do the potatoes today.
~Tootles for now!

Latane Barton said...

That food made me so hungry just looking at it. I'll have to try your potato dish.

Carlotta said...

I just finished making the potato soup, and it is so good!! I no longer have to go to the restaurants to get my fix. I added garlic, cheese and bacon to mine. It was so easy to make too. Thanks bunches.
~Tootles for now!

Susannah said...

Creamed potatoes?...We were just talking about them. My Mom and my Grandma used to make them a long time ago. They are delicious. I am so glad that you told us the amount of milk...I had forgotten.... Thank you and I will be making them soon. So happy you included that one in your blog today.
Looks like you and your family had lots of Easter fun. The younger ones make it so special, don't they?
Happy gardening! (and stitchin").

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanks for stopping by--Please Come Again!

background