Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Another 2009 finish!



Another finish for 2009. This was started years ago and when my love for embroidery was revived, I went back to it. This is a pattern by The Basket Case in Southlake, Texas. I don't know if they are still in business. This was one of 12 Angels of the month. I was born in May so a longtime friend gave it to me as a gift. This friendship is disolved, much to my regret, but I think it is safe to say that true friendship does not die. When true friends disagree, they voice their opinions and respect one anothers opinions agreeing to disagree. I'm sorry is said and all is forgotton. Am I right? If this cannot happen because of one side or the other there was no friendship in the first place.
Your opinion in a comment, please.
I am glad this project and so called friendship is finished. I have moved on and found some true friends. I plan to add some patchwork to it and quilt it or frame it as a remembrance of a life lesson learned. I hope I will never relive another incident like this.



Quilting

4 comments:

Gina said...

It's going to make a great wall hanging.

I completely agree with you about the friendship. Two people can't agree on everything all the time and as such opinions should be respected. I'm glad you've moved on and found some true friends.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Debi said...

I love your stitchery, and like you I lost a valued friendship due to a differnce of opinion.

Kathy said...

I LOVE your stitchery. It is really cute and you are truly an "Angel of May".

Real friends will disagree and agree that it is OKAY to disagree. I'm a firm believer that out of every life experience, we learn something. It may be a painful experience, but we will walk away a better person because of it. I'm glad you have found some true friends and I'm just thinking you consider me one! I hope so! Love ya -- mean it!

Rhonda said...

Great job with the "hand" embroidery.
As for friendship, I have found that there are levels of friendship in my life. The checkout person who you prefer to go to each time just to chat, not really in any depth; the old friend you haven't seen in years but upon reconnecting, you're right back in the friendship but with alittle less enthusium; and then there's the friend(s) that you know you can count on come hell or high water...agree or disagree....heated discussion then cooler heads and warm hearts.
Did that make sense? I could be babbling here but that's what I'm feeling.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanks for stopping by--Please Come Again!

background