Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Fryer Family Sunbonnet~#6

Not much time this Christmas week for research, so I thought I would show you a Fryer Family Quilt. During the 1930's, Mrs. Ella Fryer made a quilt for each of her 5 sons. This is the one she made for my father-in-law, Jim. It is strange to me that she chose not only a SunBonnet quilt for him, but a PINK one.
Each Sunbonnet dress is made from a different feedsack print with a matching solid bonnet, sleeve, and shoes.


She outlined each piece with a black embroidery running stitch.














The border is great shown on the corner of the quilt.


More next week--thanks for following Sunbonnet Sue Sunday.
One more pic shows the quilt backing---~~~~






Quilting

4 comments:

Kathy said...

What a great quilt. I'm like you -- wonder what made her choose SunBonnet Sue and pink for a boy? Maybe it was all the fabric she had at the time -- pink! It doesn't really matter tho; it was made out of love and I'm sure he loved it as much as you do!

Barb said...

I love the sun bonnet sue....I did one but it is not as pretty as the one you have. Thanks for showing it

Gina said...

It's beautiful

Love and hugs Gina xxx

laurie in maine said...

Now you have me curious! I have a Sue block my Grandmother did that was given to me after she passed away. I have to go find it and see if she has a history :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanks for stopping by--Please Come Again!

background