Background

Friday, October 10, 2008

Another Pincushion

AFter finding these darling embroidered pincushions here, I wanted to try my hand at one. These are made of 2 liter bottle tops which means they are very tiny. I wanted to make a larger version. I went shopping in my kitchen and what I found in the shape I wanted was a Kool-aid canister that single servings came in. The canister was about 2 inch in radius and about 7 inches tall. I cut the bottom and top and had a base for two pincushions. It was a perfect shape. I used the same instructions, just enlarging the pieces. I stayed up until 1 a.m. this morning. No, I couldn't stop. I already have pieces for another one cut out for tonights TV watching session.
Here is my masterpiece. They look better in a group and I can't wait to get #2 started.




2 comments:

Clevelandgirlie said...

Oh my gosh Molly - those are soooo cute. Great idea to make it bigger, though. I want to make some pin cushions. They've been on my list for a few months now. I just got the new Quilting Arts magazine and there is a cute one in there I want to try based upon Dresden plate pattern.
Enjoy your weekend.

cq4fun said...

Those are the greatest pincushions. Thanks for sharing the little changes you made. I'm planning a trip to the thrift store this coming week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanks for stopping by--Please Come Again!