Sunday, August 17, 2008

SO, SO BUSY (NO SEW), SO, SO TIRED--BLOGGING TO RELAX

Well girls, here is the story. My DH and I raised two boys. Did a good job. I am so happy with result. They moved away from home (down the road LOL) and both have good jobs. One is married with one son and another on the way and one is still unmarried, but happy about it. Remember we live on a ranch that has been in the family for almost 150 years. Well, the boys have decided to move back to the ranch. They are both working on house plans and are "picking out a spot" for thier homes. The youngest son had a burglary at his house and decided to go ahead and put it on the market--it sold almost immediately sooooooooooooooooooo. This week he moved back home. I missed the Compass Centre Quilting Retreat and I am not a happy camper about that. I had to help move and clean. The papers were signed on Friday--a weight lifted. Now on the the cleaning at my own home to "make room" for his "stuff". Luckily we have a large garage room to serve as a makeshift apartment. Clark keeps referring to his stay and the length of time he will be here. At first it was "6 months", then 8 months", and the most recent time mentioned was "a year". OHMYGOSH--this is really putting a cramp in my style. I will survive, but he may not. LOL (Just kidding, Clark). He is a wonderful young man and I am enjoying him---so far.


I have not been able to sleep for the last week because my body aches from all the moving it has had to do helping with the move. Advil has been my only survival. I am in need for stronger drugs. I slept until 11 o'clock this morning as no one was here to wake me up and I actually did not ache last night.

I now have TWO bulldogs to contend with. Clarks is not as easy to handle--he walks and walks where my Louise sleeps and sleeps. I know most of you are thinking that you could not live with these dogs. I have told you before that we are dog people--some are and some are not. These are the most unique dogs I have ever had anything to do with. I would not give that experience up for little, BUT, I will never have another one--too high maintenance.

My sister has gone on a trip and so I am solely responsible for my mother's care also. And, my Caden (5 year old grandson) has decided that "Nana's House" is cool and is here almost everyday unless I protest profusely. I am telling you that quitting a job because you will have most time for things you want to do is a crock of s-----well, you get the idea.

Now that I have vented, I am going to tell you about my Friendship Fruit Cake Starter that was given to me by a "Wacky Friend" a few weeks ago. A little cup of colored juice is all it was accompanied with a sheet explaining how I was to feed it by adding sugar and fruit at intervals for a period of 30 days. At the end of this time several cakes could be made and "starter" juice given to friends (three, I think). I have been faithful to the daily stirring and the adding of ingredients and am now am down to the last trimester. I feel like a pioneer woman "keeping her starter alive on the trail" (yeh--this is as close as it gets? Pitiful, I know). Each day the concoction foams up and it smells like beer (yes works in the same fashion). I really like the smell LOL.

I am thinking that I will bake the cakes and freeze them to give to friends and family who need them for one occasion or another. I probably will "let the starter die" after this time as I have no need for that many fruit cakes. I am thinking of trying a "Sour Dough Starter". I think this one works on the same concept but with the versatility of making sweet or regular breads.

http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/388/Friendship_Fruit_Starter14094.shtml

If you are interested in trying this starter method of baking check out this web site:

There are all kinds of recipes and tips and tricks available.

In closing this post I want you all to know that I am having quilting withdrawal. I certainly have a desire to quilt, but my quilting space is a mess (to say the least) as it is my storage closet that my son has taken back over since he moved back in. My oldest son thinks this is so funny that son #2 is putting a kink in Mom's quilting Style, so to speak. I will get revenge.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Molly, You poor dear! I bet you are tired. I'm glad you got to sleep in this morning.

You take care of yourself. We missed you BUNCHES at the retreat, but do not worry, we will make up for it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanks for stopping by--Please Come Again!

background