Friday, October 19, 2007

Let's "DATE THE QUILT"


Double Z, Old Maid's Puzzle, Brown Goose, Gray Goose, Devil's Claws, Framed X or Old Gray Goose. These are the names listed in Brackman's Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns for the block used the the above antique quilt. The earliest is Framed X published in the Farm Journal in 1877. All blocks in this quilt are black prints and it is put together with dark blue. How about we have a little contest? Anyone want to date this quilt? I have my own idea, but would love to know yours. It is in extemely good condition.

4 comments:

Rose Marie said...

Great quilt ... what about 1890?

julieQ said...

Mourning colors. beautiful..1880?

Anonymous said...

Love it!

My guess is 1872.

Lucy said...

I would love to see more pictures of it. hard to date it . I think it is more 1900 ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanks for stopping by--Please Come Again!

background