Monday, August 27, 2007

I SAID I WAS NOT GOING TO START ANOTHER PROJECT---UNTIL---!

Determined to finish at least "some" of the projects I have started before I started a new one, I have been working diligently to do so. I had to run to the Dollar Store last week and a really cute coloring book caught me eye. Seems I see quilting adventures almost everywhere I look these days. The coloring book is (yes, I bought it) pictures that seem to be drawn by a child. I also found some crayons that are pencil type with screw out crayon leads. These are in primary colors and really easy to use I decided that a childs crayon quilt would be just precious. I don't "NEED" a childs quilt at the moment, but on the other hand--since when do I make quilts out of "NEED". I printed the chosen pictures out of the book onto muslin. This is done easily when you iron your muslin onto freezer paper and then cut to the size of your printer paper. In my case the standard 8 1/2 x 11.
I took a picture of the crayon work before and after pressing with a hot iron. I don't know if you can tell, but the heat causes the colors to blend or melt into each other. You don't see the strokes anymore after heat. I also decided to go over the lines with a black marker. In the last picture you can see the difference as I have outlined the big dog, but not the little one.
This make great TV work and although I don't know when I will get to the actual piecing of the quilt, at least I will have the blocks when opportunity knocks. See ya soon! M~







1 comment:

Rose Marie said...

Oh, I see there is another person who loves to colour with crayons! You are having such fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanks for stopping by--Please Come Again!

background