Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Response to STASHBUSTER Question of the Week

How did you come to start quilting? Was it passed down in the family? What was your first project and is it finished? Where does it live now?

My mom and grandmothers were quilters. I have done all kinds of handwork and machine work all my life. I started quilting seriously about 12 years ago. My first project was a nine-patch made from 2 1/2 inch squares, (no strip piecing). I put it together with alternating blocks. A king size quilt with no borders sewn together with a serger. I used muslin for the plain squares and my thread was navy OH NO!. I did hand quilt it, I use that term loosly. Needless to say, it is a dog bed now. But they love it. I have many many more quilts that will be my legacy. No one needs to see the first one. That's my story and I'm stickin to it.

3 comments:

Darlene said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'll be back to visit yours often!

Quilter Kathy said...

Another lucky quilter who has a family history of quilting women!
Come on...show us your first quilt snuggled up with your dogs!

Jeanne said...

I want to see the dogs cuddled on that quilt, too. My first quilt is still a UFO, so at least you finished yours.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanks for stopping by--Please Come Again!

background