Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I'M BBAAACCCCCK!

It's been 1 year and 2 days since my last post.  Alot has happened in my life that I won't bore you with, but the trials of life are not as fun at stiching and quilting.  But as my mother use to say "piece your trials and quilt your joys".  Let me just that I have learned that my trials are my joys!  Sew!!!  It's all good!  I think it is very ironic that it took almost exactly 1 year from me to get my desire back......and I am not contimplating being back with a bang, but at least I am back.  I have looked at my stats and I am very surprised to see that I am still getting alot of traffic.  Mainly to my Feathered Star Tutorial.  I have had posts of some who have been successful to make Feathered Star blocks for the first time and that makes me extremely happy!  Linda in California is the most recent. Little Bits and Pieces is her blog.  You can go there and among so many other inspiring projects, listen to her sing my praises.  Hey, I like it!!  This is her block----now, you can sing HER priaises, as I will because this is a fantastic block!!!  You did a great job, girl.
Then there is Julie from Maine Quilt Company .  Her block is equally as beautiful.  I do so appreciate the linking back to my blog.  It helps other find me.  Let me sing the praises of this beautiful block.  Love me some black and red although in High School these were our rivil teams colors.  But then who would remember as that has be 100 decades ago.
 

Isn't it just amazing how the fabric choices can so completely change the look of the block??  I just love seeing and pondering and dreaming of my next one.

GO TO civilwarquilts.blogspots.com to get a wealth of info from the Civil War Quilt historian, Barbara Brackman.  A while back (not sure how long--two years???? yikes) I started making blocks from her blog.  We all posted them in a Flickr group.  I didn't realize when I started that she would be using these blocks in a new book.  Well, one of my blocks was picked up for her book and I couldn't be more pleased.  What's even better is that I received an autographed copy of the book in the mail a month or two ago.  It's a great book even if you are not a quilter.  Great history. 

I was inspired to start stitching again by a friend.  This is what prompted me to blog today.  At the top of my right sidebar, you will find a link.  It's to Jane's Fabric and Quilts.  She has a new Blog Hop going called "Stitch me up".


 Precious idea.  So mosey on over there, cowgirls and see Jane and tell her Molly sent ya (please!).  Thanks  Hope you hear from me again really really soon.  We will see!

Quilting

15 comments:

cottonreel said...

Welcome

Rhonda said...

So glad you're back Sister!

Denise said...

Welcome back!!

Kathy said...

Welcome back my Friend!!!!

Chris said...

Welcome back!!!

Sandi said...

You've been missed, glad you came back.

Kath said...

We're doin it girl! We are getting back into the swing of things! Yipppppeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry - got carried away!
Those feathered stars are beautiful! Thanks for gettin back in the saddle! Kath

Kath said...

Oh - and congratulations for your block being in her book! Way cool!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Congrats on being in a book. It's cool, isn't it. You were missed. I've checked out your boots again, but, I'm not ready to make them at this time (too much on my plate). Keep the stitching fun!

Lotraine in Maui said...

Aloha Molly,
Thank you so much for your tutorial! My redwork group has,a challenge this year to make a feathered star in red and white fabrics any size. But it must have redwork in the negative spaces! I know there are some books for it out there, but reading your step by step makes it
so much easier. I am actialy looking forward to doing this. I did by the rulertoo. Thanks for the tip. I will send a picture later this year when it is done!

Lorraine in Maui

KaHolly said...

I just discovered your blog today, and I am hoping you will continue posting. I am going to follow you and take the time to go on a scroll through your archived posts while enjoying my morning coffee. I was looking for a cowboy boot pattern, and boy, oh, boy, I hit the jackpot here!! Happy Friday! ~karen (new braunfels)

Shebandowan said...

So glad you are back.

Janet

Elaine said...

Hi,
I am using your tutorial to sloooowly make my way through a feathered star. I have the HST blocks done (I did not do it right, but they worked out. I got 44 HSTs out of the deal (more than 32.) And I have the rest of the pieces cut and laid out on my design wall. I admit I am using fabrics I do not much like (just in case) but it's actually going to look nice....See? I am trusting you to get me through this!
I am very challenged by spatial tasks, so this has been HARD, but I am excited. Thanks, Molly, for the wonderful tutorial.

Anonymous said...

It is time again to chat with Patrice on her porch. I always enjoy spending a bit of time with Patrice. I hope you enjoy this week's questions.

Brenda said...

So glad to see you back. You have been resting on my sidebar while you were away and imagine my surprise when all of a sudden you popped to the top! I am also participating in the Stitch Me Up Hop, hope you come by for a visit on my day the 28th.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanks for stopping by--Please Come Again!

background