Wednesday, January 18, 2012

IT'S A BARBARA BRACKMAN DAY!!

How many of you remember the Civil War Block of the Week that started in 2011.  It is over now, but the blocks are still up on the blog HERE.  The blog will only be there for a few more months, but you can copy the block instuctions for your personal use (see her sidebar for instructions).  I started off with a bang, got about 20 blocks into it before the bottom fell out and family stuff prevented me from continuing.  I have saved most of the blocks and am about ready to continue them. 

As I was checking my email yesterday, I see an email that is a message to me from the Civil War group on Flickr.  GUESS WHAT!  It was from Mrs. Barbara Brackman. 
Seems she loves my "Fort Sumpter" block -----


and WANTS TO USE IT IN HER UPCOMING BOOK!!  Well if that is not just the hunkiest thing that could happen to a quilter.  I have always loved block and quilting history.  This is just an honor.  The permissions have been sent back so in 2013 I will once again be in print.  This makes 3 magazine issues and 2 books that my work is included in --Move Over Marsha McClosky--- AWESOME!!

Quilting

11 comments:

Kim West said...

Congrats!!

Kim West said...

Congrats!!

Jen said...

That's awesome! Congrats!

Rhonda said...

You go girlfriend!!!!

Tammy said...

Wow, that's fantastic news! You should be proud!

Pat said...

Congratulations!!! I heard about another blogger friend of mine who was also contacted by her for permission to have one of HER blocks in the book, too....her Kentucky Crossroads block. It's nice to know that Ms. Brackman is looking at the blogs of folks who follow her patterns!

Cathi said...

Wow, I'm impressed! Good work. I've yet to finish my Boot Bash blocks, but plan on returning to it soon.

Needled Mom said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Cool! Congratulations! I got a quilt in a book a while back. It's a neat feeling, especially when you don't expect it.

Becky G said...

That is quite an honor! Congrats. I found your blog by google search for feather star tutorial. Yours is wonderful! Thanks so much! & congrats on being chosen by Barbara Brackman... I am not surprised. Your block is lovely!

Kathy said...

Way to go Molly! I'm sew excited for you, Marsha, Marsha, Marsha! LOL!

I will be able to say...."I knew her when....."

Keep it up my friend!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanks for stopping by--Please Come Again!

background