My machine embroidery skills are much lacking. I have often thought that I enjoy collecting designs more that I enjoy the act of embroidery. I have done some with some success, but some fabrics and specific placement have been the elusive butterfly that "gets my goat". This week I decided to "try again" to embroidery on baby knit as a shower is fast approaching. My test was on a romper that I had previously been unsuccessful on and had promptly put it back in my "blanks" box. I don't know why but probably just so I could say I had done "something". This time will be different. I sandwiched it between two pieces of water soluable stabelizer and placed it in the smallest hoop I have. I had to flip the design because of placement on the right side.
I decided to try my luck on a towel. This time I only put the water soluable film on the top and a medium tear away on the bottom.
More experimenting is in my future. I plan to try different techniques until I get familiar with what will work for me. It's about time! I also am writing down what does and doesn' t work so that I can refresh my memory between emboidery sessions. That's say, huh!! More later--