Wednesday, January 5, 2011

SEW MANY QUILTS AND NOT ENOUGH TIME!!

Today was a great beginning in the quilting world for 2011 free Blocks of the Month.  Kathy over at Humble Quilter sent me a link for a Civil War Block of the Week hosted by Barbara Brackman on her new blog just for the project called CIVIL WAR QUILTS. With the year beginning the anniversay of the 150 since the beginning of the Civil War, what a better time for us to honor and remember it.  Each weeks block comes complete with a history lesson.


With my own Boot Bash this year, I will be hard pressed to do this too, but with my love of history and my Civil War reproduction stash, how can I give this up?  Not on your life.

There is another one that is also in my heart and on my mind and I will let you know tomorrow or the next day if I think I can pull it all together. 
Quilting

4 comments:

Jen said...

I'm doing the Civil War quilt too! I love the idea of a history story with each block! I checked out your block tonight, it works, thanks!

Toni said...

Your first block looks great!

Deb said...

great block Molly!! I know what you mean about all these new BOM coming and not being able to do them all. I have added your button to my blog
You done wonderful on the first block can`t wait to see what your finished quilt will look like

Chris said...

The historian in me got sucked right in too!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanks for stopping by--Please Come Again!

background