A surprise from DH's very generous cousin, among other things was a grocery sack full of pieces. Pieces and patches that are the makings of her first unfinished quilt. As I glared into the sack, I was astonished at all the pieces. I could not tell how much of a quilt was in there. It actually looked to be scraps. After she left I dumped the sack out onto the floor and began to organize the pieces and patches into piles and peaches (sorry, I got carried away with "P" words LOL).
Actually, for a very first quilt she had done very very good. She had made at least half of the half square triangles and the rest were cut, paired, and ready to sew. Several blocks are completed and they are the right size with all their 1/4 inch seam allowances in tact. I am very impressed. I really hate that she quit, as she was doing just great.
I pulled one western fabric that I think would be a great with the solid and small print. I am thinking of combining these blocks with some other block for a 2-block quilt. EQ will come in handy for this project. I think I will see what I can come up with. I will post any progress.