Thursday, July 31, 2008

I haven't mentioned on this blog that I recently quit my musuem job. I really have had a hard time feeling "useful". I looked forward to having time to do things I have always wanted to do___like learn about my embroidery software, clean out my closets, read a book in the back yard. Take my grandson swimming and talk to him about the important things in life. It's been about a month now and I am getting more accustomed to the easy life. I now have time most days to go into my sewing room and work at my leisure.
After the Wacky Pac Retreat last week-end, I came home more eager to learn more about Embroidery Software. I downloaded free trial versions of Buzztools Buzz2stitchs, BuzzEdit, BuzzSize, and Personalize It. Also Amazing Designs Software. Amazing Design is not as user friendly as I need. I liked the Buzztools software, but each part of the software is sold seperately and gets rather expensive to buy it all.
I own a Janome 10001 embroidery machine. It came with Customizer. After experimenting with other versions of software, I decided to go back to Customizer and see, once again, if I could make something happen.
This daisy is autodigitized--------

Not too bad, but the outline stitch look rather skimpy and it is off a little bit.
This is the same design, but I changed the stitches experimenting with the cross stitch fill and also the satin stem stitch. Not bad, but I lost the outline somewhere along the line. I can edit designs with Customizer--rotate, flip, and Change the colors. The only thing I really need is to be able to change the size--more thanthe 20% alowed by Customizer.

After not being thrilled with the designs in I created I Customizer, I stitched out a design provided by BuzzTools site that is suppose to be done in Buzz2Stitches. It really is a greatly stitched design.
If anyone has any experience with the programs I mentioned in this post, please comment. I could buy Janome Digitizer Pro, but it is considerably more money.

1 comment:

Cathie said...

I laughed when I read this particular post -- what I want to know, Molly is.....
Have you read that book in the backyard? Cleaned out your closets? Learned how to work your embroidery software???? Hmmmm??????
Me thinks NOT!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanks for stopping by--Please Come Again!

background